Kieferfreund is Built On The Scientifically Based Jaw Yoga Method!
Kieferfreund is designed as a training program and uses the unique Jaw Yoga method to relax your jaw! Jaw Yoga has been developed by the Kieferfreund team for several years and is based on scientific approaches, principles and methods from dentistry, speech therapy, mental therapy and yoga.
‘For years, I have experienced the negative effects of clenching my teeth at night and having to wear splints. Since I have been practicing Jaw Yoga, I already felt an improvement after 7 days, and the improvements have endured. I now feel less pain and fewer tensions. I have become more mindful to how my jaw is feeling during the day. I can highly recommend it! (Ladina Grass)
Jaw Yoga combines scientifically based methods of speech therapy (Orofacial Myofunctional Therapy) with effective physical exercises and techniques from Mindfulness training. With this method, the body and mind are reconciled and you can achieve long term results in terms of relieving jaw tensions and teeth grinding. Jaw Yoga was developed by years of collaboration with dentists, therapists and movement teachers. The Kieferfreund method has repeatedly proven its effectiveness to bring about better health and well-being.
Jaw Yoga is perfect for you if ...
- You frequently press your teeth/tongue or grind your teeth at night (Jaw Yoga can also support dental splints).
- You suffer from tensions or pain in the jaw and you want to do something yourself to tackle these symptoms and discomfort.
- You want to become more agile and want to have more mental clarity.
- You often tense up when facing daily problems/emotions and at times , you feel ‘stuck’ in everyday life.
“At the age of 25, I experienced the effects of doing too little exercise, tight muscles and stress. My tensed-up posture resulted in depressive moods and strong jaw tensions.” (Julia Reindl, founder of Kieferfreund)
Jaw Yoga is one of a kind – a highly unqiue method:
- Jaw Yoga is based on the natural and healthy function of the body and mind!
- Jaw Yoga contains a science-based training programme that has been used and tested in therapeutic practice for many years.
- Jaw Yoga promotes relaxation, flexibility and bodily awareness (mindfulness)
- Jaw Yoga reduces levels of stress, negative emotions and uncontrolled thoughts
- Special breathing exercises promote better health and performance in everyday life
- Speech therapy exercises support a strong voice and clear speech
- Jaw Yoga is a fountain of youth: relaxed facial features and an inner smile, make you more attractive than ever before!
- Jaw Yoga is fun!
Become a ’Jaw Yogi‘ with the Kieferfreund app:
- Daily training programme with instructional videos, animations and progress reports
- Mindfulness audio training to relax and learn the correct tongue resting position
- FREE online course (Youtube) with weekly new exercises, mental training and tips for a healthy and jaw-friendly diet.
What is awesome about Jaw Yoga?
- You can do it from the comfort of your home
- You can join the exclusive Jaw Yoga Facebook community to learn useful tips, interact with other Jaw Yogi and share your own experiences. (to join simply request to join the group)
- Jaw Yoga, is a new movement, so you can be part of creating and shaping a movement that will contribute to healthier and more free/vibrant human beings.
- If you already practise Yoga, you will be happy to hear that Jaw Yoga can easily be combined with your current exercises. If you have never set foot on a Yoga mat, no problem! Jaw Yoga is easy to learn.
- And much more… that you will discover on this webpage and when you start practising Jaw Yoga yourself. There is nothing more insightful than trying something yourself 🙂
“Just before I gave my first lecture at a dental conference, I experienced jaw-stress for the first time. As a result of the tensions, I could barely open my mouth! This led to me developing the ‘first-aid‘ jaw-stress exercises. It is very important to have the necessary tools to be able to tackle one’s own symptoms – physically and mentally! If I can do it, you can do it too! “(Julia Reindl)
Start with Kieferfreund Jaw Yoga right now
Did you know that the jaw is a stress sensor?
Did you know that the jaw is connected to the entire body through the fascia system?
Have your every experienced unexplained pain in a region of your body… let’s say your lower back? This may well have been fascia that are sticking together. This can be very painful! With Jaw Yoga you can keep the fibers of the fascia healthy and smooth, thus improving the flexibility and agility of your whole body.
Did you know that an incorrect tongue resting position can lead to tensions in the jaw?
“In the past 9 years I hardly ever met a patient who had jaw problems and didn’t also have an unhealthy tongue resting position. They often go hand in hand” (Julia Reindl, Speech Therapist)
Please note that Kieferfreund products (App and Trainer) complement therapy and medical treatments and should never be viewed as a replacement of these. We don’t make a diagnosis or promises of a cure. If in doubt, please consult your doctor or therapist.