App for children (5 – 12 years)
The Kieferfreund Junior app was developed for children between the ages of 5-12 and supports healthy teeth and jaw development. The app is based on scientific methods from orofacial myofunctional therapy (OMT).
Take care of your smile
As important as daily teeth brushing is to get the right tongue resting position and an healthy breathing mode:
- Breathing through the mouth is associated with tooth decay, adenoids and has been linked with ADHD
- An incorrect tongue resting position can cause teeth and jaw misalignments
- A healthy tongue function and breathing technique minimises the risk of snoring and obstructive sleep apnea, teeth grinding and improves general well-being and performance.
Children gain the most from adopting a health tongue resting position and breathing technique. A prolonged use of dummies and baby bottles can negatively impact the development of tongue functions and in turn, can cause crooked teeth.
Ein Zungenstoß nach vorne zwischen die Zähne beim Schlucken ist ein Zeichen einer gestörten Balance im Mund-Kiefer-Gesicht-System. Doch das ist nur ein Symptom! Wir müssen den Muskeln zeigen, wo sie sich in Ruhe befinden sollen, um die Ursache zu beheben!
Better performance at school
Further, recent scientific studies have confirmed a link between ADHD/behavioural difficulties and incorrect breathing that predominantly occurs through the mouth. A correct breathing technique can therefore improve a child’s focus at school and performance during sports.
In addition, our Kieferfreund audio training offers further benefits for your child’s development. The integrated principles from Minfulness foster:
- Healthy relationships
- Emotional stability
We have only mentioned a few of the benefits associated with a healthy tongue function and way of breathing. We believe that prevention is key. With Kieferfreund you are supporting the development of your child, setting up a strong foundation for her/him to have a healthy life.
Checklist (for free)
Does my child benefit from this app?
Download your checklist for FREE:
A special bonus only for our kids:
The Kieferfreund Song
The Junior app is perfect for your child if he or she:
- Grinds their teeth
- Breaths predominantly through their mouth
- Has an incorrect tongue resting position (e.g. resting at the floor of the mouth or in between the incisors)
- Has tooth deformities (e.g. open bite)
- Their tongue pushes between their lips when swallowing
- Has or will have braces
- Is currently on the waiting list for logopetic therapy and you would like to make the most efficient use of the time until surgery
- Is undergoing logopedic surgery and you would like improve the results
The Junior app is probably not suited for your child if:
- Your child is younger than 5 or older than 12. Depending on the ailment, we recommend one of our three packages for teenagers and adults (NoGrind, NoSnore or Ortho)
- They have severe difficulties breathing through their nose e.g. nasal polyps (adenoids)
- Their tongue web (frenulum) is too short to allow their tongue to reach the roof of the mouth
- They do not have time for the training
- They are not allowed to have access to a smart phone or tablet
- If you are unsure if this package is right for your child, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- Advantages of using Kieferfreund:
- Normalises the function of the tongue
- Supports healthy development of the palate as users learn to adopt the correct tongue resting position
- Promotes nasal breathing
- Accelerates learning and automation of the correct tongue resting position when undergoing speech therapy
- Stimulates increased mental focus and attentiveness
- Prevents tooth decay (cavities) and adenoids (nasal polyps) caused by ‘mouth-breathing’
- A fun and playful learning experience with audio training and Kieferfreund song
Start right now with Kieferfreund!
Please note that Kieferfreund products (App, Trainer) complement therapy and medical treatments and should never be viewed as a replacement of these. We don’t make a diagnosis or promises of a cure. If in doubt, please consult your doctor or therapist.