Jaw Yoga is based on a method
recognised around the world
Kieferfreund provides natural retraining and re-education based on myofunctional science and Mindfulness principles. We use practical digital tools to achieve long-lasting results and teach you how to prevent post-training relapses. Importantly, the digitisation of the therapy allows you to transparently track the progress made during the training.
Orofacial myofunctional therapy (OMT) – A therapy recognised around the world.
Orofacial myofunctional therapy can be explained as muscle-function therapy for muscles of the mouth and face. OMT is a therapy that is recognised around the world to treat dysfunctionalities of the mouth, jaw and facial area. Scientific research studies have proven its effectiveness to treat teeth grinding, jaw related problems (CMD), snoring, sleep apnea and teeth/jaw misalignments.
Given the effectiveness of this approach, an increasing number of dentists, orthodontists and ENT doctors have started to work closely with orofacial mythologists. In terms of children, there is also more focus on preventing oral posture related issues than ever before.
The goal is to establish the correct oral rest posture.
A healthy oral rest posture involves the tongue, lips, jaw and breathing. Their form and function should be healthy and OMT addresses the root causes of various diseases.
Advantages of a correct oral rest posture:
- A relaxed jaw
- Promotes concentration and focus
- Keeps airways open
- Enables a healthy way of breathing
- Supports healthy development of teeth and the jaw
- Promotes a healthy bodily posture
- Improves quality of sleep
Through Kieferfreund you learn to establish the healthy oral resting posture. The learning process is easy and the results are permanent:
- You can practise Jaw Yoga whenever and wherever you’d like, the entire workout programme can be found in the Kieferfreund app. Learn more about Jaw Yoga
- Video instructions – you can monitor your progress through the app and tongue tracker. Learn more about the app
- The Kieferfreund trainer presents the only training tool in the world specifically developed to allow for learning and testing of the correct tongue resting position. Learn more about the Kieferfreund trainer
- Mindfulness Audio Training enables you to easily learn and maintain the correct oral rest posture. Learn more about our Mindfulness Audio Training