App needed if you have (had) braces
The Kieferfreund Ortho App provides ideal support for orthodontic treatments (e.g. braces and alligners) and logopedic myofunctional therapies (speech therapy). The goal is to adopt a healthy tongue, lip and jaw resting position, which is an important prerequisite for effective orthodontic treatments and therapies.
We need to teach the muscle of our tongue where to rest!
Tongue thrust is a symptom that is caused by an unhealthy change in the resting position of the tongue. It often contributes to tooth misalignment by exercising force on a person’s teeth when swallowing. However, it is important to note that swallowing causes considerably less harm than the light, constant, pressure exercised on the teeth by an incorrect position of the tongue and lips.
A correct resting position of the tongue is crucial, as teeth can be moved out of place when under constant pressure by a tongue that has adopted an unhealthy position. For that reason, dental cribs, which aim to minimise the pressure on teeth when swallowing, only solve a small part of the problem. Focus needs to be directed at reducing the constant pressure of the tongue on the lips, which constitutes the major part of the problem.
The Ortho app is perfect for you if:
- You will soon have braces or aligners and you wish to prepare yourself in the best possible way
- You will soon undergo orthognathic surgery (e.g. Maxillo-Mandibular Advancement (MMA))
- You already have braces or aligners and want to prevent relapsing (teeth becoming misaligned again)
- Note: If your child is getting braces soon or already has them, we recommend our Junior app. The app was developed specifically for best results amongst children between the ages of 5 and 12.
The Ortho app is probably not suited for you if:
- You are looking for medication for your tooth grinding or jaw related problems
- You have severe difficulties breathing through your nose i.e. when seated, you are unable to breathe through your nose for 3 minutes or more.
- Your tongue web (frenulum) is too short to let you reach the roof of your mouth
- You do not have time for the training
- You do not have a smart phone or tablet
If you are unsure if this package is right for you, please contact email@example.com
Advantages of using Kieferfreund:
- Make efficient use of the time when on a waiting list for logopedic or physiotherapy treatment
- Supporting the outcome of orthodontics with the correct muscle function
- A quicker recovery of normal muscle function after orthognathic surgery
- Muscular relaxation before/after complex dental treatments
- Jaw relaxation and replicable bite registration (due to correct jaw position)
- An effective alternative to spikes or tongue cribs in terms of managing the correct tongue resting position
Start right now with Kieferfreund!
Please note that Kieferfreund products (App, Tainer) complement therapy and medical treatments and should never be viewed as a replacement of these. We don’t make a diagnosis or promises of a cure. If in doubt, please consult your doctor or therapist.